Monday, October 22, 2012

Deep South Tour, Part 2 -- Alabama

Oh my, it has been a long time since I last updated. Isn't a neglected blog so sad? I am going to work in overdrive to catch up, and vow to never get this behind again. But let's be honest, I am sure I will be writing another apology for the silence note by Christmas.

Back to our August Deep South Tour. The hurricane cut our beach trip short, but all that meant was more time at Gradmar and Pappy's house where H got to meet lots of new friends and enjoy small town living.


We took daily walks around the block and made visits to the neighborhood community garden to pick peppers and okra and cut fresh flowers.


We had a constant stream of good friends coming to meet H.



We spent some quality time with Archie, who did his best to ignore the baby who invaded his territory.


H went to college to visit Professor Pappy at work.


Our sweet neighbors hosted a "Sip and See" so H could meet dear family friends.



Finally, we got to cap off our visit with a birthday celebration for Aunt S. We love her so much.




And just like that, we were off for a visit in Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment