Monday, February 4, 2013

Give Thanks

Yes, it is February. Yes, I haven't written since November. I have a lot of catching up to do, so let's pick up where we left off. We spent Thanksgiving in North Carolina with my parents and extended family. Thanksgiving in the mountains is always a special and relaxed time. The weather was beautiful, the food was delicious, and we had so much fun. So much fun that we forgot to take pictures of the Thanksgiving meal. 

H loved spending time with his relatives.  He got to meet his cousin from San Diego and her baby, Pepito.




He spent some time with Uncle Beard who came off the mountain to remind him that he has hillbilly in his genes. My city baby was a little skeptical. 


We competed in our annual corn hole tournament. The competition was stiff: twin vs. twin;



 Uncle vs. Uncle;



I honestly cannot remember who won, but I can say with certainty, it was not the Campbells of Virginia. We all have our strengths, and bean bag toss is not one of ours. 

We spent time soaking up the warm sunshine and playing in the grass;

  

We cheered the Tide on to an Iron Bowl victory with Aunt S and R, Nanny Cousin, and Grand Mar and Pappy;








 and we got to celebrate the newlyweds.











But, for H, Thanksgiving was all about the pets. He loved his new furry friends.











No comments:

Post a Comment