Weekend two was the traditional picture with Santa. I personally did not want to partake in this almost obligatory parent torture trip. The scenes of screaming, red-faced children are all too familiar. K, on the other hand, finds some strange pleasure out of seeing these pictures of crying babies in Santa’s lap…and I was overruled. After careful research to find a Santa that had a real beard and looked somewhat legit, we embarked on the journey and stood in line with hordes of other parents making faces and other ridiculous movements to get their baby to smile.
As we stood in line, I whispered to my wife that I refused to look so ridiculous when it was our turn. H is own man and he would either turn it on, or not.
Finally, as the elf motioned for us to put H on Santa's lap, as if an alien parent took over my body. I had keys out, dangling them above the camera and shouting “Henry look this way! Woop, woop, woop.” He smiled, clapped, waved, the photographer clicked, and we were done. We have a cherished memory, but I might as well go ahead and buy the dad jeans and tennis shoes. I fit the part.
After the Santa visit, K secured tickets for an evening tour of the White House decked in all its holiday glory.
This was such a special experience. H would be up way past his bedtime, but it was well worth it.
This experience was a particularly special Christmas treat.
No comments:
Post a Comment