Sunday, April 22, 2012

H at 1 and 2 Months



1 Month

H, your first month is a bit of a sleep deprived blur. It was filled with visits from family. Your Daddy and I worked hard to get to know you, your rhythms, and your personality. I struggled through a few weeks of breastfeeding, but after much persistence we figured it out. You were a tiny little bird and so patient with us as we settled in to our roles as new parents. 

2 Months

         
















At 2 months old you are such a joy. You smile much more than you cry, something I pray lasts your whole life. You  smile and coo when your Daddy and I talk to you and sing you silly songs. Our favorite time of day is between 6 and 7 AM, after your morning feeding. You sit in the bed with us and talk and giggle. It is such a happy way to start the day.

We go on many walks in your stroller and Ergo carrier and you enjoy being on the go with your Daddy and me. We take you on our errands and even out to dinner. You typically snooze through our outings, but if you wake up, you are easily entertained.

You eat about every two to three hours during the day. You nurse and take a bottle, which allows your Daddy to help with your meal times.

You are a pretty good sleeper at night. You typically sleep for four hour stretches. Sometimes you sleep for five hours, which is always a blessing. After you are swaddled tight, we can lie you down awake and you fall asleep quickly on your own. This is also a blessing and something I hope continues.

During the day, you often fight your naps. I guess you don't want to miss any of the action. Your favorite place to nap is in your Mama's arms.

You love your paci, but you have recently found your hands. They seem to make you just as happy.

At your 2-month appointment you weighed in at 10 lb 12 ounces and were 23 inches long. You have grown so much.

These two outtakes made me laugh:

Look at that little face

Super H off to save the day


1 comment: